What makes our Reusable Bulk Food Bag Set so good?
We love bulk food shopping as it is a great way to reduce waste in your life, but sometimes either remembering to or carrying lots of jars and containers can be really inconvenient.
Our beautiful vintage style reusable bulk food bag set has been designed to provide a convenient alternative for taking jars and containers to your local bulk food store.
The bulk food bags are also super handy to use when you would like to top up half filled containers at home. This means you no longer need to stock up on extra jars and containers on top of your current ones to use as “top up” containers, as our bulk food bags give you a light and compact way to top up as you need.
We love diverting existing waste from landfill which is why our bulk food bags are made from BPA free, food safe recycled plastic drink bottles.
Our bulk food bag set contains a large, medium and small bulk food bag along with our specially designed bulk food shopping tote. They are all conveniently stored in our innovative bulk food carry case which comes with an attached carabiner that can be clipped on to your bag and belt so you always have your bags On Ya.
Our Shopping tote boasts a double lined base and extra wide square gusset making it perfect for transporting bulk foods in both bags and jars.
Each of our bulk food bags feature the tare weight of the bag in both ounces and grams and they also have a clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA. This window allows you to not only easily see what is inside your bag, but you can also write in that window the product, as well as any unique codes you may need when checking out. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove. The window especially helpful when distinguishing products such as Self Raising and Plain Flour that otherwise look identical.
The volumes of the bulk food bags vary dependent on what you are putting in them. For example a small bag of flour is going to weigh more than a small bag of corn chips, but to give a rough idea we have modelled the look of our Bulk Food Bags on the classic 1kg and 2kg flour bags with the large being able to carry as much as 5kg.
For further information and hints and tips on getting the most from your reusable bulk food bag set, please watch the product video located in the sidebar.
- Made from BPA Free food safe 100% recycled plastic drink bottles
- 100% Recyclable & Sustainable
- Clear window made of non-toxic, BPA & chlorine free PEVA allows you to see what is inside and to write product name/codes. We recommend a coloured wax pencil or whiteboard marker only as permanent marker can be very difficult to remove
- Set contains Carry Case, Tote Bag & Small, Medium & Large Bulk Bags
- Tare weight included on bag in grams and ounces
- Use bags as light weight top up solution for existing jars at home
- Small Bag Dimensions: 27cm long x 11cm wide with 6.5cm gusset
- Medium Bag Dimensions: 35cm long x 15cm wide with 8.5cm gusset
- Large Bag Dimensions: 40cm long x 21cm wide with 10.5cm gusset
- Tote Bag Dimensions: 30cm long x 39.5cm wide with 24cm gusset (includes built in pouch)
- Bulk Set Carry Case Dimensions when folded: 22cm wide x 11.5cm long
- Carry case holds up to 6 bulk food bags so you can add to the original set of three that comes with the set should you need more bags
- Up to 26 recycled plastic drink bottles (rPET) used to make the full set
- 100% Vegan Friendly
- 12 month Manufacturer’s Warranty
Please note: The goal for our reusable bulk bags is to be able help people easily and conveniently transport their bulk food purchases home. The bags have been designed as a lightweight top up tool to replace the need for carrying jars and canisters when doing your shopping, and when you bring them home you should empty the contents into your storage jars and containers.
Although made from recycled plastic drink bottles and technically plastic, the rPET material that makes our bags is woven in nature not solid state plastic like a single use plastic bag which is non-permeable for air and water.
Because of the woven nature of the fabric, a solid state plastic bag will definitely prevent air from reaching the bulk food products better than our bulk bags will when storing your bulk food products. Things like pasta hold well in them, but things that rely on freshness are better stored in an airtight container.
Our bulk bags are definitely at their best when used to carry home your bulk food dry goods and transfer the contents into your bulk food storage jars and containers to ensure freshness.
A note on our packaging: Our commitment to sustainability extends to our packaging which is made from post-consumer recycled material and printed with water based inks so it is suitable for both recycling and composting